This is an AMAZING summer recipe! Adorable for a dinner party, and perfect for a heatwave. When I made this recipe I was only feeding my boyfriend and I, and so I modified the ingredients accordingly the best I could. The “dressing” came out a little too strong and lime-y, but I have a feeling that was just do to my lack of skill at eyeballing portions. In any case, I wouldn’t worry about the portions too much, if you like strawberries more than black beans, use more strawberries and less black beans! If you like corn more than strawberries, use more corn and less berries!
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 can black beans, well drained
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion, finely diced
- 3 avocados, peeled with innards diced and skins saved
- 12-14 small strawberries, washed and sliced
- 3 fresh ears of corn, kernels sliced from the cob
- juice and zest of 3 limes
- 3 tablespoons agave
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, black beans, diced onion, avocado pieces, and strawberry slices. Stir together and toss with corn.
- In a blender, combine the lime juice, agave, and cilantro. Blend together.
- Toss over salad and stir gently until coated. Sprinkle just enough sea salt on the salad to give it great flavor.
- Spoon into empty avocado skins. Enjoy.