This sandwich is my new addiction. I couldn’t even wait to post this recipe until next time I have it so I can take a better picture. You’ll just have to trust me on this one. Obviously I like all the recipes I post, but you can tell I’m not lying about this because it’s not even that healthy! There’s just something about the simplicity and freshness of the ingredients that keeps me coming back for more. And more, and more (Seriously, I eat this at least once a week, I can’t help it!)
- One loaf fresh French Batard
- One large ripe tomato
- One large ball fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh Basil
- 1-2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your bread into sandwich sections. Depending on the shape and size of your bread, you may get 3-4 sections. Do this however it is easiest for you, some fresh bread is crispier than others and harder to cut. This is always the hardest part for me.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of bread.
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella so you have two slices of each per sandwich.
- Place a layer of fresh basil on the bottom half of the bread, top with the two pieces of mozzarella. Place the two pieces of tomato on the top half of the bread.
- Place both halves of bread on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven until the cheese is slightly melted. I advise you just watch the sandwiches and see when they are to your liking, but don’t leave them in longer than 10 or so minutes or they will get soggy and impossible to eat.